Sunday, January 3, 2010

Unplugged and unstoppable


I can't believe its the year 2010!

Do you remember when the year 2000 sounded so futuristic and far away? I used to correlate the year 2000 with the Jetsons (complete with flying cars, Rosie the robot, and computerized dressing machines) thus far, all I've got is a laptop, an HD TV, an iPhone 3GS and a powerful vacuum.

2010 and life is...

well, life is just that - LIFE.

Looking back over the last year, I've discovered a lot about myself... 2009 was a hard hard year, full of changes, trials, leaps of faith, discovery and reaffirmation of God's love for me.

We started 2009 in an area of the world that didn't fit our family, and in a position of unhappiness and disillusionment. By the 9th month of the year, after much prayer, we took a giant leap of faith (amidst much adversity and chaos) and trusted God totally with our future. I don't think I've shed so many tears as I did during the letting go of control over my life. It's easy to say you trust God, but when you actually have to TRUST God... Geeze!

It blew me out of the water with the range of human emotion I experienced.
(Talk about emotional female...)

We took the plunge, and left what some called the "ultimate situation" and walked away with no prospects. The only tangible thing we could hold onto was our faith in something bigger than ourselves, and the promises from a God who loves us.


God opened a door to us 3 weeks later that has proven to be miraculous.

Amazingly, every step was ordered and every tear and bump in the road was a learning process...

~Lessons I learned in 2010~

Letting go is the only true way to get it all back.

Tears are momentary.

Fear is a cancer.

Negativity is un-necessary.

Faith is irreplaceable.

Laughter is precious.

True friends are hard to come by.

You will never be able to live up to anther's idea of what you should be.

Words are cheap, action is priceless.

Kind words are a salve to a burned heart.

Love is all you need.

Stuff is just stuff.

Judging others will limit your future.

If you listen closely, the voice of adversity is much quieter than the voice of hope.

Gods love is bigger than I ever thought possible.


Lessons learned... and many more to be learned in 2010.

Life keeps going on.

Good days, tough days, tears, laughter, failures, triumphs, bumps, bruises, band aids. Daily struggles and triumphs -it's all the spice of life and I wouldn't change it for the world.


My plan this year is to unplug from my selfish habits, thoughts, and beliefs and plug into Jesus and His way of life.

Un-plugged, un-stoppable, imperfect and hopeful.


(Oh yeah, and to eat healthier, be on time, and be more organized... =)

...."I am still not all I should be, but am focusing all my energies on this one thing: forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven." Phil 3:13-14 NLT

1 comment:

  1. Love you my friend! All that matters is what sJesus has to say about you, steer clear and continue doing what you do- allowing God to control, order and guide your life. xoxox

    ReplyDelete